Strange power steering fluid leak

paddywack

Recruit
Hi everyone,

New to this forum and a new owner of a 1995 Stingray 556zp, 3.0 litre LX Mercruiser and Alpha one Gen 2 leg

My problem is when I turn the steering wheel with the engine not running power steering fluid leaks out of the reservoir filler cap.
I opened the cap and it appears that the fluid level is a little high when the engine is cold...

could this be the reason or is it something more serious ??

This is the least of my problems however as I discovered after I bought the boat that the plywood floor was completely soaked and rotten, so I'm in the process of replacing it, and the carpet and the vinyl covered cushioned side panels...
The list goes on and on and on....

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Strange power steering fluid leak

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and a new owner of a 1995 Stingray 556zp, 3.0 litre LX Mercruiser and Alpha one Gen 2 leg

My problem is when I turn the steering wheel with the engine not running power steering fluid leaks out of the reservoir filler cap.
I opened the cap and it appears that the fluid level is a little high when the engine is cold...

could this be the reason or is it something more serious ??

This is the least of my problems however as I discovered after I bought the boat that the plywood floor was completely soaked and rotten, so I'm in the process of replacing it, and the carpet and the vinyl covered cushioned side panels...
The list goes on and on and on....

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Bein' over-full could be the problem,....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Take some out and try it.

paddywack

Recruit

I guess that would be the sensible thing to do.