David Beckham's Illuminated Speedboat

tybouff

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings friends,

I was watching the Olympic ceremony with a look of absolute boredom on my face when suddenly my interest was peaked by the awesome boat David Beckham was transporting the torch with. Aside from illuminating his face, there seemed to be many lights on the boat illuminating the water directly in front of it as well as the wake. It looked like the boat had blue neons in the front and was spewing fire (orange) behind. Does anybody know if such marine lighting products are available to "ordinary" people like ourselves? Any speculation as to how they were able to illuminate the wake so precisely? Does anybody see a possible business opportunity here? Regards,

Levinz11

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: David Beckham's Illuminated Speedboat

I want a set of those rocket boosters they had strapped to the back!

beck.jpg

haulnazz15

Captain

Lol, yeah, I like how they covered up the two Mercury O/B's hanging off the back to make it look like it was a rocket-powered boat. Also, David Beckham was not driving it, he was just standing at the console.

soggy_feet

Do you have a big wallet? http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Accessories/dm/*******.192044866--keywords.underwater%20lights--searched.1--session_id.384298902

There are cheaper ones and even more higher end ones....... I guess light is similar to speed How much light do you want? the answer is How much money do you have!!

They're not in use yet, but I built (2) 12 bulb bright white LED arrays for about $30 a piece. Rigged up in series and parallel to keep it at 12 volts, total.

The arrays are a piece of cake to make, but for the average person, building a waterproof housing might be a little more difficult. Depends on your ingenuity.

briangcc

Commander

I noticed the boat during the opening ceremonies and asked my wife if I could have one. Alas, she said no.:facepalm:

Expidia

Commander

I want a set of those rocket boosters they had strapped to the back!

beck.jpg

In any case . . . that boat pic is way cool! Does anyone know if the Summer Olympics opening ceremony is due to be repeated on TV again? I forgot to Tivo it and missed it!

soggy_feet

Im sure you can find it on youtube....

Expidia

Commander

Thx, I'll give that a shot!