1992 4.3 running bad

water man

Recruit
new here. I have a 1992 Sea Sprite with a 4.3 v-6 4 barrel carb. My engine started running really bad after I did an oil change on it. It will not idle, backfires thru the carb and stalls out. I changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, Checked the timming and it was spot on. I changed the water seperator, and the fuel filter neither had evidence of water in them. Can changing the oil produce such drastic running condition? Anything else I should be checking for?
Thank you for any help

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1992 4.3 running bad

new here. I have a 1992 Sea Sprite with a 4.3 v-6 4 barrel carb. My engine started running really bad after I did an oil change on it. It will not idle, backfires thru the carb and stalls out. I changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, Checked the timming and it was spot on. I changed the water seperator, and the fuel filter neither had evidence of water in them. Can changing the oil produce such drastic running condition? Anything else I should be checking for?
Thank you for any help

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Check the fuel pump power feed at the oil pressure switch, midway, portside, down low on the side of the block,...
If it's an electric fuel pump...

If not,...
Recheck the fuel filters...

sharkin95

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1992 4.3 running bad

plugs should be ac mr43t gapped @.035 recheck the distributer cap, push rotor all the way in the slot and check ignition wiring you probably have the plug wires wrong 1-6-5-4-3-2 and changing the oil is not the problem.