Looking for table pedestal

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The flush in-floor pedestal mounting plate on my Toon is recessed with a threaded stud about 1" in height in the center of the hole. I'd really like to find a suitable pedestal to attach a table to as opposed to replacing the existing recessed floor mount. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking for table pedestal

Have you checked the big O for boating items? This website has a filter. How about Camping World? Both are online. RV dealerships often have many items that can be used on pontoon boats.

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have you checked the big O for boating items? This website has a filter. How about Camping World? Both are online. RV dealerships often have many items that can be used on pontoon boats.

Yup checked both. I'm aware of the filter, so wasn't sure just how successful this inquiry would turn out.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And why not check right here on iBoats. See the BOAT PARTS and ACCESSORIES button just to the right of the iBoats logo? Click it and you might just find what you need. However, whether a recessed mount accepting a threaded post is still considered a pedestal. Any table mount is still going to require a suitable floor mount, post and table bracket at the top. What's wrong with what you have?

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And why not check right here on iBoats. See the BOAT PARTS and ACCESSORIES button just to the right of the iBoats logo? Click it and you might just find what you need. However, whether a recessed mount accepting a threaded post is still considered a pedestal. Any table mount is still going to require a suitable floor mount, post and table bracket at the top. What's wrong with what you have?

I did search here first, however found no pedestal with the description that matches the threaded floor mount. The table only offered here will work provided I can find the pedestal to fit my current floor mount. I'm actually hoping someone here in the forum has had a similar problem with a similar floor mount and could let me know what they did to resolve.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Aren't the "Thread Lock" posts that fit a recessed threaded base what you need? there are several listed on iBoats. Some with the table. Guess I don't understand your situation. Do you have a table? Do you have the post? or don't you have either one. If the latter is true, then IBoats has what you need. If you need only the post they also have what you need. If you need only the table, they also have what you need.

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Aren't the "Thread Lock" posts that fit a recessed threaded base what you need? there are several listed on iBoats. Some with the table. Guess I don't understand your situation. Do you have a table? Do you have the post? or don't you have either one. If the latter is true, then IBoats has what you need. If you need only the post they also have what you need. If you need only the table, they also have what you need.

Correct, I have no table nor pedestal. So this is the info I was looking for "Thread Lock" posts. If the threaded specs are available I can measure and then purchase. I'll need both the pedestal and a table.

Thanks for info.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

So determine what you have and then call IBoats. They can answer your questions. You can also look at the base for a name. Then buy the matching post. It isn't as though there are a dozen manufacturers of thread lock pedestals.

JGator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The flush in-floor pedestal mounting plate on my Toon is recessed with a threaded stud about 1" in height in the center of the hole. I'd really like to find a suitable pedestal to attach a table to as opposed to replacing the existing recessed floor mount. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

I finally took some time to move on this issue. The current base is recessed into the floor making it flush. The base has a threaded 'stud' in the center. So curiosity lead me to try a threaded 3/4 female pvc fitting on the stud, it screws on fine, nice-n-tight. Now on to my thoughts; I can use a threaded inner piece of pcv inside a piece of round 2 1/4 aluminum (which I have from an old flagpole) for the pedestal and somehow attach the parts together so the threaded piece is attached to the aluminum pedestal. I've found 2 1/4" Table Mount parts available for under the table top. A plastic table top should be best...now on to find one with the correct size...

aspano1

Cadet

I just bought a threaded floor base that sounds like what you have installed, a pedestal, and a table mount from Springfield marine, located in Nixa ,Mo. I had a table top that attached to the side rail. All three pieces set me back a little over 21 dollars. They have a scratch and dent page on their website. Now I live close so no shipping