loioking for a used center console boat

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
I'm looking for a 17 to 18 ft center console V bottom boat. Not to old ,no older then 2003. with about a 90 hp merc. Whats a good buying price. It has to have a trailer. I'm selling my 24 ft StarCraft pontoon boat.Were getting to old to lug this boat around in the water. I saw one last week for $11,900 with a trailer. 90 hp four stroke, It's a pro line 2006 And the seller says the motor only has 40 hours on it. Then I saw another one with a two stroke 90 hp Merc 06 for $9600.00 both are the same style boat.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: loioking for a used center console boat

those prices sound right. Hard to find good used CC's since they are the best designed boat and people don't get rid of them except to by a bigger one. Grab it if you find it. If it's less than 10 years old, you don't have to worry about the hull and not much about the motor, short of obvious neglect.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: loioking for a used center console boat

You are not going to get useful information on pricing here. Hit Craigs list for your area. Also Boat Trader in the convenience stores.

Oh and the real reason I am responding is you said "And the seller says the motor only has 40 hours on it" It is almost a rule when buying most anything is to pay little attention to what the seller says unless you can verify it with your own eyeballs. The sellers goal is to get your money into his pocket. We have tons of posts here which start like "The seller said that it only needed - - - " AND then the tale of woe is told.