How often do you use your boat during boating season?

How often do you use your boat during boating season?

• 2-3+ times a week

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Once a month or less

Votes: 7 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm curious as to what the average is for most people. I have been averaging probably 2-3 times a week since the season started. I mostly fish and usually swim if the wife is with me.

Shortbuss

Cadet
Re: How often do you use your boat during boating season?

Pretty much once a week for us. But this is my first boat and the weather is great so might as well!

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

My boat is tied to the dock and it hasn't been out for a couple of weeks now.
Since the ice has been off the river I don't think I've been through 20 gallons of gas so far this year.
It's a bit because of the price of gas and finances but I think mostly is the fact that I only have a 12 mile stretch of river if I don't want to trailer and also, I don't need to boat to get to a nice peaceful beach to spend my afternoons...
It's my front yard.

NHGuy

Captain

Every chance I get, til the fuel starts to cost me. I get to the boat 1 to 2 days a week depending on weather, work, and the rest of my life. Then for 2 glorious weeks a year I run it daily and often.
Go for coffee, go to the market, go watch sunset, go for a fast blast, go visit friends or family, go join some other boating friends for some swimming, go for a float, go clean up the boat with the radio on, go take my daughter skiing, go look at loons, go for ice cream, go look at other peoples boats, or just go for a tour through the islands.
To me that's what a boat is for!
I don't have the fishing gene, so I don't do that.
My achy shoulder is feeling pretty good so I might get my brother to drive me water skiing this week, haven't done much of that since I got rid of my old boat, I was in my early fourties then but I could really shred it, wonder what's left.
I'm out of sports shape, over my best weight, and 50 something years old...well at least this boat will pop me up quick.
Lets' see how hard I can cut.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am out 2 to 5 times a week and so far fuel cost hasnt been all that bad but in on a 9.9 lake and so far I have out around 75 hours on the motor.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Around 100-125 hours per year on the engines and double that anchored out somewhere.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Usually 3-4 tiimes a week. This year not so much, high heat, no rain, low water, no fish! Maybe once this wheather pattern breaks and the water level comes back up.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

I used to put it in almost once ever week, but this year it hasn't been in the water yet.

Rumley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So far the cuddy has been out once for about 15 mins run time, and the aluminum out once. It's been a bad year with my work schedule this year. Hoping to head out for a few hours tonight though :)

catfish58

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The boating season can be year round in 'Bama'. I try to fish at least once a week from march to mid november,but realisticly it's more like 20 to 30 times a year.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I use my boat at least once, sometimes twice, a week all year long. Would be more if working didn't get in the way!

haulnazz15

Captain

Once or twice a month. Boat for around 3-4 hours each time. Jet ski hadn't seen water in a year and a half, lol.

The Guy

Recruit

Usually 2-4 times a week Sept. thru mid-June. The bass slow down and work picks up so I take most of the summer off from boating.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use my boat at least once, sometimes twice, a week all year long. Would be more if working didn't get in the way!

I'm with you there, there are days I'm at work, just itching to get out on the water. I have an amazing lake here and live less than 10 minutes from the ramp.

Unfortunately the lake freezes over in the winter or I'd be on it year round.

NYBo

Admiral

I've had my current boat for four years and I haven't had it in the water yet.:facepalm:

I expect a maiden voyage within a couple of weeks, though.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

We keep our boat in a covered slip so it gets used every weekend rain or shine. Rainy days we hang around the docks chatting with dock neighbors, sunny ones we are on the water. Boating season is just too short up here to waste any time not being around the boat.

Albee

Cadet

It takes 5 min to walk to the beach where my boat is moored 30 yards from shore. We go out 2-3 times a week, even if only for and hour.
Tonite we went out and had a swim after a long bike ride, then let the kids play at the beach for a bit.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I don't use my boat nearly as much during boating season (Memorial Day-Labor Day) as I do in the "off" season (Labor Day-Memorial Day), I stay pretty busy during the summer with other stuff that needs to be done... but in the fall, winter, and spring I'm out on the water regularly.

Somebody has to catch those fish no one else wants to brave that kind of weather for.;)

TimBobCom

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This year I have only missed one weekend since Memorial Day, and I was working on the boat that weekend, so it kind of counts. Weather permitting I am trying to make it out every Saturday and Sunday for the rest of the season.

bako88fan

Cadet

I'm working on hitting every lake in Central California by the end of November. Lucky for us we get no ice so the season is essentially year round.