hard to get it to plane ,is it because my trim is all the way down(titlt pump leaks)

freedom49

Seaman Apprentice
The tilt quit working and slowley comes down,is it the reason i can not get the boat out of the water? no matter how fast I drive the boat!:p:)

jopes

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: hard to get it to plane ,is it because my trim is all the way down(titlt pump lea

it should still plane with the trim all the way down, just the bow will plow water some.

Chances are something else is wrong. Has it always been this way?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: hard to get it to plane ,is it because my trim is all the way down(titlt pump lea

Most boats won't plane when the trim is all the way down. Not knowing what you have makes it impossible to say for sure.

When it won't get on plane, try trimming up and see if it works.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

You could put your tilt pin in a higher hole forcing your lower unit away from the boat. If you don't have a pin you can buy one or make one. I'd say all transom brackets have tilt pin holes. Some engines have the pin removed. I did when I bought my current used boat. So I got a piece of All thread, 3/8 as I recall and a couple of nuts and lock washers and made my own. When the trim leaks down it will stop at the pin just as it would do if you had no PTT. Works fine.

Mark

freedom49

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for youer help, no I got it planing ,may be the full gas tank and a heavy four stroke 6 hp kiker are to blame? thanks Sid

freedom49

Seaman Apprentice

thanks good idea I just got one will see ? thanks Sid