building a boat suggestions

pataa

Recruit
i am planning on building a boat soon i want it to be around 16 feet or shorter, i want to be able to fish off of it with multiple people in the delaware river. if anyone knows of any plans for a simple, cost efficient boat that fits my need i would greatly appreciate any ideas, plans, suggestions, ect. thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: building a boat suggestions

Welcome to iboats.

That is a big undertaking and buying one would be easier but google Glen L boat plans and you will find some sound tested plans.

Fishing on the cheap...... I would get an aluminum boat from Craigslist

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to iboats.

That is a big undertaking and buying one would be easier but google Glen L boat plans and you will find some sound tested plans.

Fishing on the cheap...... I would get an aluminum boat from Craigslist

100% good sound advice. Building a boat isn't the most cost effective route to boat ownership.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well when you consider boat, motor, trailer and everything associated it is similar to building your own car. The cost of the parts can exceed the price of the car.

but,

It can be a fun thing to do as a long term project. We have a nice example of a home built here in the completed projects section http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=541096&p=3705490#post3705490