Sportrak mounts

trollerguy

Cadet
I am ready to buy a 1675 Impact and am seeing a lot of issues with mounting downriggers.
Has anyone used the system with success?

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sportrak mounts

I don't think the sport track system will handle downriggers. Could be wrong though. I was looking at a new 2012 Alaskan with them for rodholders.

trollerguy

Cadet

Well heres the scoop, spoke with the factory. Up to 2012 no downrigger brackets, 2013 will be available.
Spoke with my dealer and they are going to custom make them. If anyone is interested I will post a picture after delivery.

Tcrum5711

Seaman

Huh? They've have down-rigger mounts for the Sport Traks for a while. They're not the same as the ones that you can mount rod holders and other things to. They mount in the inside track, go over the top of the gunnel and screw into the outside track with about 12 screws and grommets. The down side is any one with a snap cover either can't use it or they have to take out all those screws every time they use their down-riggers. I was quoted around $90 a piece a few years ago for my first Explorer.

trollerguy

Cadet

Well the boat is home, my dealer made aluminum mounts which turned out great. If I can figure it out I will post pics.
I can say Im not impressed with the sportrak mounts. Its a good idea but I had a hard time getting them in place and they are not what I would call easy to move.