Can't find EZ Loader Rollers

rjenbody

Recruit
I have an old EZ Loader trailer with smooth rollers that are 4 3/8" in diameter that ride on an oblong shaft that is 1" in diameter in one direction and 3/4" in the other direction. The rollers are actually embossed with EZ Loader. I cannot find a replacement roller. I can find 4 3/8" for 3/4" shaft, but not for a 1" shaft.

Would it be terrible to put one 5" roller or a pair of 5" rollers in place of a missing roller? If it wouldn't totally mess up the loading, what would be the best placement? I was thinking bow?

Or, better yet, anybody got a source for a proper replacement roller?

BYETHEWAY

Cadet
Re: Can't find EZ Loader Rollers

I was just in the local BASS PRO OUTLET today. they have all kinds/sizes,except the one you need huh! check it out

reelfishin

Captain

I have an old EZ Loader trailer with smooth rollers that are 4 3/8" in diameter that ride on an oblong shaft that is 1" in diameter in one direction and 3/4" in the other direction. The rollers are actually embossed with EZ Loader. I cannot find a replacement roller. I can find 4 3/8" for 3/4" shaft, but not for a 1" shaft.

Would it be terrible to put one 5" roller or a pair of 5" rollers in place of a missing roller? If it wouldn't totally mess up the loading, what would be the best placement? I was thinking bow?

Or, better yet, anybody got a source for a proper replacement roller?

I sent you a PM.

Just a thought though, if one roller failed, how far behind are the others? It may be time for a whole new set, where as you could use a more common roller that fits your shafts. The most common rollers are covered by Yates and a few other aftermarket brands but 1" is sort of the oddball shaft size now. Most are either 1 1/8" or 3/4".

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Try the manufacturer - just google them.

rjenbody

Recruit

I sent you a PM.

Just a thought though, if one roller failed, how far behind are the others? It may be time for a whole new set, where as you could use a more common roller that fits your shafts. The most common rollers are covered by Yates and a few other aftermarket brands but 1" is soprt of the oddball shaft size now. Most are either 1 1/8" or 3/4".
I agree, but with the price of rollers I'll need a second mortgage! There are 48 rollers I think.

reelfishin

Captain

http://www.easternmarine.com/Boat-Trailer-Wobble-Rollers/

If Eastern don't have them or can't get them, your most likely out of luck.
Do you have a pic of the rollers you need?
Are you 100% sure they are 1" rollers? Do they use bushings or are they solid centered?
I took a look out back today, I've probably got 4 or 500 used rollers laying behind the garage, every 4 3/8" diameter roller I have has a 7/8" hole and uses a bushing to step down to a 3/4" round shaft.
Every roller that is marked EZ Loader on the side is 4 7/8" with a 1 1/4" center hole and a 1" ID bushing inside it. These are listed at the bottom of the page in the link above, the bushings are separate. These are ribbed rollers, the only smooth rollers I have here are Yates steel centered wobble rollers for steel shafts.
I don't see many EZ Loader trailers here, most roller trailers here are Loadrite or Sealion just because that's what all the local dealers sell.

captain zac

Petty Officer 1st Class

Give these guys a call
EZ Loader of Charlotte
they made my trailer and have been very helpful
They have sent me parts at no charge

704-784-4420

Harry

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can get parts at http://www.ezloader.com
When I had an ezloader I would just call with my model and they would ship the parts to me.

64osby

Admiral

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-100mm-...Accessories&hash=item2c6411ed51#ht_4448wt_798

• [*]Diameter: 100mm (4")
    [*]Width: 75mm (3")

[*]Centre hole: 20mm (3/4") - Hole can easily be bored out if larger hole size is required

I had picked up some like these a few years back for a EZ loader trailer I had. I ended up having to cut down the inner sleeve length about a 1/4" to fit my shaft length.

The ones I found were also seconds and cost $3 per. They just had some small blemishes.