New toy-1975 holiday 16'

Steinke8705

Cadet
So i just bought this boat off of craigslist. It is my first boat and I am super excited. I even got to take it for a test drive. Oh and it was only $800 please let me know I didnt make a mistake buying it.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/boa/3158782394.html

I am glad to join this community i have read a lot here but this is my first post.

dozerII

Admiral
Re: New toy-1975 holiday 16'

Welcomr to the Starmada Steinke. great lloking boat at a great price, looks like other than cleaning the hull it is water ready.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Smokin great deal!

Welcome to the Starcraft brohood:D

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Nice boat! I like how the top mounts on the inside of the gunnels instead on top of them.....

Steinke8705

Cadet

Nice, I am glad to hear I got a solid deal. I felt like I did but wanted to ask the experts. Right now the tilt trim is slow and jerks a little when you raise it. He said the oil needs to be changed on it. How do I go about that?

barato2

Commander

you done great on the boat for that $, esp if that's the biggest problem you have. might want to go to the OMC forum with that Q. welcome to the Starmada

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Another good looking tinny, Steinke. A worthy addition to the Starmada and a great deal. Welcome and have fun. :D

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

very nice, I would have put out $800 for her, even if you have to work on her some that's not bad. Welcome

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Great looking boat!
I like the white stripe on the bow.
Welcome!

jbcurt00

Staff member

This:
5Ga5V55M63G33L23F1c7n087d61fc475a1d6c.jpg

Looks way more like a 'Splashed' post resto pix

Not a 'I just brought home an $800 boat' pix:
5G25Ke5M63Mf3I33oac7i89d8b87c375e13c1.jpg

I apologize for defiling your thread w/ an old glasser:facepalm:

Great score, really nice boat, great condition interior.

I'd say you stamped your Starmada pledge card pretty darn well:D Welcome to the mob:
attachment.php

If this rig is water ready, you won't have to hear the Admiral gripe about the procession of donor boats. Bonus!

Well done!

Steinke8705

Cadet

This:
5Ga5V55M63G33L23F1c7n087d61fc475a1d6c.jpg

Looks way more like a 'Splashed' post resto pix

Not a 'I just brought home an $800 boat' pix:
5G25Ke5M63Mf3I33oac7i89d8b87c375e13c1.jpg

I apologize for defiling your thread w/ an old glasser:facepalm:

I'd say you stamped your Starmada pledge card pretty darn well:D Welcome to the mob:
attachment.php

If this rig is water ready, you won't have to hear the Admiral gripe about the procession of donor boats. Bonus!

Well done!

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to say but if your trying to say this is not my boat I will have pictures of it on the back of my truck Tuesday.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to say but if your trying to say this is not my boat I will have pictures of it on the back of my truck Tuesday.

Absolutely NOT! It's compliment on finding the boat, getting it for $800 and it's amazing condition.

It looks like you've already done the resto, so great find & CONGRATS.... & for $800

Look thru some resto threads. Many of these guys live by the bottom feeder motto, and revel in scoring decent, low cost parts & boats to restore. This is a perfect example of what they all strive for: dang near perfect condition & priced way below what it should have been. Note the comments above by both me &others:

Welcomr to the Starmada Steinke. great lloking boat at a great price
Smokin great deal! Welcome to the Starcraft brohood:D
Nice boat! .....
you done great on the boat for that $,
Another good looking tinny, Steinke. A worthy addition to the Starmada and a great deal.
very nice, I would have put out $800 for her
Great looking boat!
Great deal...Very nice boat...
I'd say you stamped your Starmada pledge card pretty darn well:D Welcome to the mob
:
attachment.php

If this rig is water ready, you won't have to hear the Admiral gripe about the procession of donor boats. That's a free Bonus!

Well done!

The glasser pix & comment was to illustrate what usually constitutes an $800 boat. In this condition, yours should have been listed for MUCH more, & definitely sold for more. Outstanding score!

And we're all proud to be in the Starmada, mob pix & all. It's a good thing:) Even w/ all the angry scowls, pitchforks and torches

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Just to be clear, I'll say it again:

GREAT SCORE on a GREAT BOAT, w/ an even better price!

jbcurt00

Staff member

haha now that was funny...

Better to be clear:

You're talking about my use of a usual $800 boat pix & then defiling his thread w/ it's pix, being funny...:facepalm:

Correct?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Your welcome, and it happens:)

trafferty

Seaman Apprentice

Welcome,, and absolutely an amazing score! Here in NW Arkansas, anything,, and I mean anything with a running gas motor is $1500 minimum. All you can get here for $800 is a 20 year old 9.9 or 15 without a boat. Wow,,, that's so crazy, I'm temped to call BS, LOL!,,, but I believe you,, :) - sweet little boat, Man.

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nice, I am glad to hear I got a solid deal. I felt like I did but wanted to ask the experts. Right now the tilt trim is slow and jerks a little when you raise it. He said the oil needs to be changed on it. How do I go about that?

Great deal on a solid boat... brings a tear to my eye thinking how much I just spent on mine which needs a complete rebuild. I'm not sure I would change the oil just yet. I'd first check the level and make sure there is no air in it. There are some O ring gaskets that can go bad. Do you see any leakage?

Steinke8705

Cadet

So I picked her up on Tuesday night and got to take it out last night for a couple hours.
Basically I was just crusing around no tubing or anything. With me and my buddy (combined ~400lbs) I got it up to 37-38. Is that pretty normal?
Everything worked good besides the tilt and trim.