2001 Johnson Bomardier 150 Losing prime Stalling after long periods of inactivity

lbartb

Recruit
I have a 2001 Johnson Bombardier 150 hp. It starts fine when cold and runs fine. After a period of inactivity it sometimes wants to stall when throttling up. This is not every time though. It seems to me that the primer bulb has lost prime. When I dont prime the bulb it wants to stall several times before finally taking the throttle. It seems to help to prime the bulb again before I try and crank back up. Normally it will take the throttle under gear when I do this. It throttles fine while out of gear. It is only while in gear it wants to stall. Once it powers up, it runs fine with no problems whatsoever. It seems by reading on here it may possibly be an obstruction in the line or possibly an air leak in the fuel line or primer bulb. The primer bulb was replaced before I purchased the boat and I was told that the bulb had previously collapsed. Could that be a venting problem, but the motor runs fine once going, so wouldnt that rule out a venting problem? Any ideas?

Rubixone

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2001 Johnson Bomardier 150 Losing prime Stalling after long periods of inactivi

fuel pump???

G-Force

Recruit
Check the anti siphon valve on the tank it might be stuck causing fuel to siphon back into the tank