Using Aquagard Aqua-Gloss

diveman05

Petty Officer 3rd Class
we recently purchased an old 68 Yar-Craft Trihull that we love. Finally got the engine running good and now we are looking at possibly making the outside look a little newer.

I have heard a lot about this Aquagard Aqua-Gloss Waterbased Hi-Gloss Marine Enamel.

It is rated as a topside paint but i wanted to get input on painting the entire boat with it. The boat is not in the water constantly only when we launch it. Can this stuff stand up to being under water for short periods of time *usually hours no days*

boatresized.jpg

We are basically looking for the high gloss look on the entire thing. Any advice or products you'd recommend are appreciated. I have tools to spray as i've don it before on cars before but would prefer to roll if i could.

eavega

Lieutenant
Re: Using Aquagard Aqua-Gloss

Hi
Don't think I can help you much with the outside paint, as I have only worked with inside paint on my boat. I did make a small repair to the keel, and used Rustoleum Marine Topside paint on it. I applied it with the roll-and-tip, and it came out very nice. It has held up without a chip or scuff all this season. I too have the boat mostly on a trailer under cover, and it sees the water for a few hours every week or two.

I also wanted to say hello because it seems we have pretty much the same boat!
139.jpg

Rock on Yarcraft!

Rgds

diveman05

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Using Aquagard Aqua-Gloss

Hi
Don't think I can help you much with the outside paint, as I have only worked with inside paint on my boat. I did make a small repair to the keel, and used Rustoleum Marine Topside paint on it. I applied it with the roll-and-tip, and it came out very nice. It has held up without a chip or scuff all this season. I too have the boat mostly on a trailer under cover, and it sees the water for a few hours every week or two.

I also wanted to say hello because it seems we have pretty much the same boat!
View attachment 160603

Rock on Yarcraft!

Rgds

I couldn't agree more to Rock on Yarcraft! Ours after looking at the HIN is a 74 so we do have pretty much the same boat, i love it and wouldn't trade it for anything right now. We get a lot of attention at the lakes with it as many people say that was my first boat or i learned to ski behind that. Yours has the larger engine ours had a 55 that had some major electrical issues so on a budget i put a 33 on there. It runs good and gets us going about 20mph which is plenty fast for us, but a little bit more power like yours would be nice!