one more should i buy..

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer
Seller has an old glastron boat with 2 running motors. one is what i believe to be a 66-67 33hp johnson, and the other a 1977 johnson 50hp with controls. Trailer is nice and solid. both motors run fine. Boat will need some work, or for scrap. price for the trailer is 250 and for the boat and motors im bartering an unused bass guitar and Amp worth approx. 125$. The glastron is a 14' with good lines, but im assuming due to age, floor and transom will need work. Just putting it out there for opinons..I have never owned a glass boat, or am i too familiar with small glastron's. Hoping the old small ones had fiberglass stringers, but im doubting it. Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0

kfa4303

Banned
Re: one more should i buy..

Sounds like a good trade. (what type of bass and amp, btw? I'm a guitar guy myself?) I can't speak for the boat, but it's an old glasser, so it will probably need the deck and stringers replaced like you said. Although, I actually used to have a '66 Johnson 33 hp myself. Great old motor. Super strong, reliable and easy to work, but it did like to eat gas. It also appears to have the longshaft extension, which you probably don't want, or need unless the transom is 20". You can easily convert it back to a short shaft, but you'll need to get a shorter drive shaft, water uptake pipe and lower shift rod. Good luck on the trade. I hope it works out.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Two running motors and a trailer for $375? Even if you wind up scrapping the boat and selling off one of the motors, you'll have gotten a free motor and trailer. Sounds like a nice deal to me.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Its an inexpensive Ibanez basic bass guitar, behringer bx3000 ultrabass headh and 600 watt behringer cab bugera loaded. Neat looking little boat actually..Thanks for the input.

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

An old bass that you're never going to use is not worth as much as a boat that you may use.

southkogs

Staff member

Yup ... good trade. Go get 'em. If you fix that little Glassy up, it'll be a pretty cool lookin' boat.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Once again, great advice and people. Pictures to come tomorrow. and thanks all.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Well.. You win some, you lose some. I did pick the boat up, but it was in worse shape than i initially thought. The boat has a few transom cracks, and the floor looks like a plywood over floor job. The 50hp johnson after i sucked the mouse from it seems pretty clean, but the throttle control cable is not attached. Ill see if i can figure that out, and the key is missing. The 33 on the other hand, is stuck from sitting, and i found a very small crack in lower gear housing. Most likely frozen water. Good news is the trailer is in fine shape with 2 new tires, and winch, and reciever. At this point i think ill put it out for sale with nothing more than a cleanup and see what the 2 motors, 3 sets of controls, boat, trailer can get. Im hoping for 500 for evertyhing with full disclosure of course.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0