Great to get the Kids out first time this year.

alandchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last year I bought a new bowrider to trailer it to anywhere I want to take it. I wanted to connect more with the kids who are growing up so fast. I finally got out for the first time this year ---- it's been so busy since my 'ex boss' was let go and I stepped into his spot. That put a monkey wrench into the plans to use the boat as many times as possible.

But anyway, it was good to get the kids out. Especially my 12 year old daughter - we all had fun boating and anchoring out, having lunch and swimming for most of the day.... Can't wait til the next one.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Great to get the Kids out first time this year.

That's what it is ALL about!

Congrats on the fun times and the promotion!

kfa4303

Banned

AWESOME!!! They'll remember trips out on the boat for the rest of their life. If you let the kids drive a little you can usually con them into helping you clean up at the end of the day ;) Congrats on the "promotion" too. Certainly better than the alternative. Happy boating! Vroom-vroom!

KFS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Great message! That's why we bought one. It seems like a great way to keep our teens spending weekends with family and friends.

sprobst

Seaman Apprentice

I hear what you are saying. Even though I've been out about 8 times this year, it's not as much as I would like. You only have a few years of summers with your kids. That's what I tell myself. The good news is, the way this year's weather is shaping up, we're likely to have an extended season.......unless your lake is drying up (like several of my local ones are). I'm now resorting to driving 1 hour 40 minutes to the nearest lake that isn't drying up. That's a lot of gas, but I'm doing it anyway because I don't want to waste a season.

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

I live on the water with 2 boat lifts and 2 boats and all that.

Last year, due to many reasons my teenagers only went out on their boat one time.

I thought they lost interest, so this year I was considering selling 'their' boat, and getting myself a specialized low draft CC fishing boat.

I was happily surprised to find out that that last year outing was the highlight of the local teenagers' summer.

Apparently, that's all they talked about over the winter. This year, I'm infested with teenagers. They camp in my yard. They borrow my fishing rods. They borrow all my crab traps and nets. They refuel my boats. They cut my dang lawn. Them punks even have the nerve to carry concrete bags from my truck to my patio, just to "be nice" and get to use my waterfront! One of these days, when they get done making that concrete walkway thru the wife's garden, and chop up them fallen trees for firewood, and restack the riprap bulkhead, and something else if I think of it, WELL, ok then, dang........

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great!! Best to enjoy life with the family :)

KFS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live on the water with 2 boat lifts and 2 boats and all that.

Last year, due to many reasons my teenagers only went out on their boat one time.

I thought they lost interest, so this year I was considering selling 'their' boat, and getting myself a specialized low draft CC fishing boat.

I was happily surprised to find out that that last year outing was the highlight of the local teenagers' summer.

Apparently, that's all they talked about over the winter. This year, I'm infested with teenagers. They camp in my yard. They borrow my fishing rods. They borrow all my crab traps and nets. They refuel my boats. They cut my dang lawn. Them punks even have the nerve to carry concrete bags from my truck to my patio, just to "be nice" and get to use my waterfront! One of these days, when they get done making that concrete walkway thru the wife's garden, and chop up them fallen trees for firewood, and restack the riprap bulkhead, and something else if I think of it, WELL, ok then, dang........

:-D

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

EVERY adult person I know, who had a family place at the water when they were kids, remember way back when, when the family sold it in the 80s or whenever, for whatever important reason back then. Even seeing these kids as adults now, I can see that this broke their heart a bit.

If you have a waterfront place, even if you think that your kids now don't really care about it, don't sell if you can help it. I have never met a person who was glad their parents sold the family waterfront lot.

86 century

Ensign

I sold my bike four years ago because I didn't ride it anymore after getting back into boating. Best thing for the family.

Most teen-aged kids want to be anywhere but with there parents mine along with everybody elses are with me all the time.