Question for Woodonglass tinting forumla for rusto. white to Navy blue

NAVY LIFE

Seaman Apprentice
Hello I used your two cup formula for spraying white coat worked great thanks.
Now time to add the navy 1 foot stripe. How much acrylic and spirits did you use to
achieve tint color you wanted??
Thanks for the help I have about 1/3 gallon of semi gloss left and dont want to spend any more $$$$
This project has add up real quick. wife:mad:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question for Woodonglass tinting forumla for rusto. white to Navy blue

Glad it worked out for you. Sooo... what shade are you wanting to acheive???

NAVY LIFE

Seaman Apprentice

I'm looking to use painters acrylic dark blue color to go from white base to dark blue.
about how many ounces of the acrylic paint and spirits to mix with 1 cup white base?

JDA1975

Lieutenant

for a navy blue color start with white and blue then add black to achieve the darkness you want....you would probably save yourself time and frustration of mixing by buying 1 quart of rustoleum marine topside paint at lowes, they have a royal/navy blue and cost 15 bucks for a quart, you'll get a more uniform color and getting navy blue from a white base will take a large ratio of blue and black to achieve

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I'm looking to use painters acrylic dark blue color to go from white base to dark blue.
about how many ounces of the acrylic paint and spirits to mix with 1 cup white base?

Well if its anything like house paint or Gel/Paint .. you will never get dark blue out of a White base.

You need a different Base to get to your dark colors.

Its like asking how to make your Dark Blue change to a White with blueish pastel hint to it... you just add a CRAPLOAD of white .. But your working in the wrong direction with colors/bases.

Or..just buy the blu(ish) color that you want and add the pigments to get your color spot on.

YD.