bayliner with 4.3

Dauer33

Cadet
Hello, i finaly signed up as a member, been serching and reading for awhile now! I have a 92 bayliner with a 4.3, I bought the boat with a froze motor, i work part time at a auto machine shop so that was perfect for me. I had some nice forged pistons left over from my dirt track racing so i built a real nice 4.3, Has light weight icon pistons ballanced crank, earson roller cam. It curently has the stock 2 barrel, i want to get a edelbrock 2111 intake and a 4 barrel for it. I also am looking at props, thinking about a 14x21 4 blade hustler, i have a 1.84 out drive. it had a 14x19 vortex on it and seemed like i could over power it at times. boat turns around 44-4800rpm at wot. Will admit im new to the boating world as i gave up 10yrs of dirt track racing and i wouldnt turn back after a summer on the lake with my family!!! any help or advice would be great!!!!

dingdongs

Chief Petty Officer
Re: bayliner with 4.3

engine sounds all well but depends if your doing watersports where getting people up and out the water quicker and not flat out top speed is the priority.safety always should come first especially with potential people in the water.insurance too.

Dauer33

Cadet
Re: bayliner with 4.3

Engine runs real good but have to tear back into it as the lifters are coming up and hiding the plate that holds them straight, doesn't hurt anything other than it drives me nuts and makes people ask lol and it has to much compression so have to run good good gas and a lil race fuel so it doesn't ping!!!!! As fas a prop I will probity go back with a 14x19, anyone have any knowledge on the hustler props?