Weight of trailer and boat

Roadrager50

Seaman
Okay yes I know there are plenty of threads on here about this subject. I have not found any that pretains to by boat. I have 1977 Thunderbird Signa 18 with 1977 Roadrunner twin axle trailer. The paperwork says the the dry weight of the trailer is 1100 pounds, now comes the $1000000 dollar question.....Does anyone or guess approximately how much the boats weighs. It has a Ford 302 with a 190 OMC. It is also a bowrider. I figure it has got to be heavy because the size of the trailer.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Weight of trailer and boat

Put it on a scale at a truck stop or feed store.

Roadrager50

Seaman

Okay @Chip that is good if it has a outboard setup,but as I said before it has a 190 OMC with a ford 302 that alone has to be about 800 pounds by itself.

@MH thanks that was my next move I was just hoping to get some idea of the weight of the boat with out the trailer. I guess i could try and take it off the trailer then weigh the trailer put it back on and weigh the complete rig and subtract the difference. seems like alot of work but reasonable. Good thing I am friends with the guy who runs the local truck scale.

Tahnks for all your guys help

Chip Chester

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, those guys think the I/O starts at 20' and 2900+ pounds. No 18' I/O is listed.
Maybe weigh it and measure it, too? Dunno why they don't list it.