putting trailer on car ramp

You know, what you would run the car up on if you were changing your own oil. It's a double axel trailer. Boat is on the trailer and I need to get under it to do some work on the suspension. So I'm thinking of pulling boat onto ramps then jacking up the rear. Jack stands for support. Any hitch/couple issues?

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: putting trailer on car ramp

You know, what you would run the car up on if you were changing your own oil. It's a double axel trailer. Boat is on the trailer and I need to get under it to do some work on the suspension. So I'm thinking of pulling boat onto ramps then jacking up the rear. Jack stands for support. Any hitch/couple issues?

I've done this before with my 17' bowrider. I've got some ramps that won't slide; otherwise I don't think you'll get the boat up there. It's kind of hairy doing it but once you're on them solidly they provide a tremendous amount of space underneath.

Whatever you do, do NOT disconnect the hitch from your truck. Put chocks under the truck tires and you ought to be good to go.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: putting trailer on car ramp

Why not just do it the correct way? Get yourself a jack and jack stands of the correct height.