Problem with trim on 2008 Four Winns 200H

gardengate

Cadet
The trim on my Four Winns 200H will not go up or down when using the switch on the throttle control. Back behind the engine on the transom there is a connection that goes to the trim. I have taken it apart and on the side going to the trim there are two flat metal blades. I connected two test wires to the blades and then hot wired to the battery to make the trim go up or down depending on the polarity of the connection. so the motor appears to be okay. The connection for the wires is large and rugged and snaps closed when you push it together. Even though it looks good, my guess is that the connection is not being made. I'm reluctant to mess with the blades to see if I can get the connection tighter because I don't want to break them. Has anyone had this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

The engine is a Volvo Model 4.3 GXI-J with a Penta outdrive

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Problem with trim on 2008 Four Winns 200H

Have you checked the circuit breaker in the engine electrical box?

Untitled1.jpg

JON NEELEY

Seaman

Well have you looked on back side of controller to make sure the controller is still plugged together?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I checked the 10 amp fuse for the trim that's in a box with many other fuses and relays on top of the engine. I don't think there's a circuit breaker.

There better be a circuit breaker. That 10A fuse only power the trim button and relays, not the motor itself.

gardengate

Cadet

There better be a circuit breaker. That 10A fuse only power the trim button and relays, not the motor itself.

There is a 40 amp fuse for the trim pump. If my boat was an ocean series model, there would be a 50 amp breaker instead of the 40 amp fuse. I'll go check the 40 amp fuse.