DP-D1 outdrive

Crowney

Cadet
Ok, I have a few question, Please be patient as I try and explain the best I can. I am trying to find out my gearing and hp limits on my drive and also the proper pitched propeller.

I have a DP-D1 outdrive. I have downloaded the manual. My questions pertains to what I copied and pasted below from the manual:

Overall gear ratio
ModelDP-D,DP-D1,DP-D2 ....................1.95:1,2.30:1,1.78:1

Does the above mean that the Dp-D1 has a 2.30:1 gear ratio? Or can any of the models have any of those gears listed.

If the DP-D1 has a 2.30:1 how do I go about finding the hp limits for that drive (gears). I assumed being a 454 BB motor the drive would have had 1.78:1 but reading the manual I am not sure.

The outdrive plate has a stamped serial # of 3102164619 can this be referenced anywhere? I would love to be able to find out the exact components of this drive.

I have a C6 front and rear propeller. My research has only resulted in the propeller should be a F series prop on the boat. It is a 1995 crownline 266 CCR/LTD. Each person I have talked with that has a volvo powered LTD has a F series prop on it. Mine has a C series. I want to get a better understanding of why before I start testing new props.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Re: DP-D1 outdrive

The serial number is for a DP-D1 1.78 ratio

Sorry but I can’t help with the prop

Crowney

Cadet

The serial number is for a DP-D1 1.78 ratio

Sorry but I can’t help with the prop

Thank you. Where can I cross reference that serial #. With the 1.78 geared outdrive through my web searches: it should be able to handle 450hp max.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...

Not sure what you mean by cross reference

My info comes from the Volvo Penta dealer website --- must be a dealer to access.

Once the horsepower gets over 375 shimming for gear backlash and bearing preload starts becoming more important.

Crowney

Cadet

Once the horsepower gets over 375 shimming for gear backlash and bearing preload starts becoming more important.

My new motor was dyno tested at 431hp with my carb and ignition. The outdrive was not removed when the new motor was installed.