200hp xri only hitting 5000rpm

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Boats around 1800lbs empty climbs up to a plane pretty fast but tops out at 5000rpm.Im thinking the motor should be hitting around 6000 right?

Sorry,spedo says 60mph btw

Dukedog

Captain
Re: 200hp xri only hitting 5000rpm

Just start this 5 grand thing or has it always ran that rpm? Boat type n size? Offset? Motor height? Prop type n size?

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just bought boat so I'm not sure if its allways done it.

93 Barefoot Sanger 20foot
not sure of offset
Anti cav plate is about 1 inch above bottom of boat
Prop is a 3 blade 22p
I'm also not trusting the speedos so I'm gona get a gps read one.

Dukedog

Captain

Your pushin' a "barge" so ta speak. Just a guess, might be 45 ta 50 mph. Depends on your prop slip %. Just for a run around, tubing, skiing and etc. use ya don't need a lotta offset. Maybe 6 ta 8 inches. Biggest gain with tha jack plate is that you will be able ta get tha motor at tha right height. Ya gotta have a water pressure guage to get all this right.

That motor needs ta turn 5500 at tha very, very least. Prefer 58 ta 6 grand+. You don't need ta turn it that much all tha time but set up to do it will help keep it from workin' so hard at any rpm.

Need these things:

Type and/or name of tha prop
Bottom of boat measurement to center of prop shaft
Offset (jack plate set back, if ya got one) amount. Or is bolted straight to tha transom?

Oh yeah. Ya can find out if its tha motor or setup if you beg or borrow a 17 of some kind to run. If it still only goes ta 5 grand then ya might wanna look at tha motor it self. Done a comp and/or leak down check on it?

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 19p Mirage Ill try this weekend.No jack plate.

Acording to the slip calc I should be at 13% with my setup at 60mph

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 19p Mirage Ill try this weekend.No jack plate.

Acording to the slip calc I should be at 13% with my setup at 60mph

You are over pitched for that boat...17 seems to small more like a 19 but only experimenting will tell..Like it was pointed out if there is no difference then electrical or fuel issue...my guess is way to much prop for that boat...