1995 Wellcraft Martinique 2400 Volvo Penta 5.8 FSi Lack of Power??? Not sure what it

Harley_Jim

Recruit
I hope a veteran boater can help em with my question. I am new to boating, as we all once were. I am in Racine, WI and have a slip on Lk Michigan. In August 2011 I bought a very clean and well cared for 1995 Wellcraft Martinique 2400 with a Volvo Penta 5.8 FSi V-8 and a Duo-prop outdrive. I had the props rebuilt and timed on the shaft.
The boat struggles to get up on plane, even with the wind and all trim (tabs and lower-unit) in the bow down position.

The boat with full fuel, 10 pounds of fresh water and my wife and I with two kids will not barely get up on plane. I have replaced the fuel/water separator replaced the spark plugs, checked the plug wires and have been running good fuel with Star tron additive. The temp gauge has the boat running at about 150 degrees. The trim has been acting odd the past few days but that is a new issue. I cleaned all the connections and used dielectric grease on them for corrosion prevention.

My question is, should a 24' boat with a 5.8 fuel injected engine with a duo prop outdrive be able to get out of the water under these conditions? Its been this way since we bought it in August and I have put about 30 hours on the boat. Normal maintenance is current.

JON NEELEY

Seaman
Re: 1995 Wellcraft Martinique 2400 Volvo Penta 5.8 FSi Lack of Power??? Not sure wha

Of course it should and Im no veteran boater