help identifying evinrude

I've got a motor and have been searching with No luck I've got the model and serial but still no luck here's the model: 20ba 74m sand the serial is. C48026 and this is right off the Johnson outboard tag made. In Canada and I'd say its a 25 HP .... I figured if any site could help this would be the one. I'm looking for any info ..... any help is appreciated. Thanks

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: help identifying evinrude

it is a 20 horse made in 1974.

1kruzer1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your thread title says Evinrude, but you say the tag says Johnson. The model number would be consistant with the Johnson scheme, and would indicate a 1974 20 HP. This would not have been marketed in the USA, as in 1974 the USA consumer model marketed was a 25 HP model, and no 20 was listed. Probably would explain why your research didn't turn up much.

Has an evinrude cover that said 25 that's why I thought it was a 25 ...I'm having a hard time finding a parts site that recognizes. The model number ... any ideas? Thanks for the help

1kruzer1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, yes they are the same motors, but the model # schemes are totally different. Also, some models are different. For example, for many years Johnson marketed a 20 HP model, but in an Evinrude it was an 18. At any rate, for your non-USA motor you could order almost any part from a 1974 25 HP, as the motor is virtually identical. About the only thing that comes to mind that would be different would be possibly some carburetor parts. The link below will take you to the BRP parts site, and you can look up any part number. Good luck.

http://epc.brp.com/SiteMods/BRP_Public/BRP_Public_Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Index.aspx