why does rev limit light flash 5 times on my Suzuki DF 70?

Clockie911

Cadet
In the pre start diagnostic my tach needle goes to 1000 rpm then my rev limit light flashes 5 times. I can start the boat with no problem other than it is not charging the battery.

What does this blinking light mean? and how can I correct it?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: why does rev limit light flash 5 times on my Suzuki DF 70?

Those codes are explained in your owners manual. I gave my manual to the guy who now has my DF70, so I don't remember the details. The tach is telling you how many hours it has on it and the light is telling you what is wrong.

Clockie911

Cadet

Many thanks! I just got this boat and do not have a manual. I have ordered a service manual, but it is not here yet. I am hoping to use the boat this week, but can not with this condition. Does anyone else out there have this information they can share. i appreciate any help!

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

does it flash 5 times and go away and only when you turn the key on could be telling u the hours on the motor.

Clockie911

Cadet

yes when I turn the keyto the first click and before I cramk the engine, I hear the tone all of the lights blink, then the tach needle goes to 1000 rpm, and the rev light blinks 5 times. it goes off. I then start the engine normally and it is not on. My boat is not charging the battery and I am wondering if this is telling me why.

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

its tellin u the hours every rev light flash is equal to 500 hours sounds like u have about 2600 hours on it

Clockie911

Cadet

Ill take that as great news. this boat has been in the family since it was new and only has 150 hours on it. I am thankfull that the blinking does not have anything to do with it not charging. I will retest the rectifier and stator again when my manual arrives. Thanks to all that replied!