Yamaha injector oil

Heatseeker

Recruit
Hi fellow boaters. My first attempt at using this forum, and hopefully won't be asking too many crazy questions.
I have a Yamaha 115 v4 I believe a 1991 outboard. Since I don't have a Yamaha dealer in my area, I am wondering what injector oils would work in that engine, and more importantly, which injector oils to stay away from. I am told that any marine grade injector oil will work. Mercury injector oil? OMC (Johnson/Evenrude) injector oil.. I have access to those.. but not Yamaha. Any thoughts that could help?
Secondly, since I don't have a manual for this engine, and at this point I am not even sure of the pitch of the prop, which is a 5 blade stainless steel, I am wondering what would the MAX RPM be? I can get 5500 rpm but won't run that high..just wondering if it is over the max. rpm for that engine.
I will admit I did not do much research on these questions. I thought the purpose of these forums was to ask and get help.. which in my mind would save tons of time, meaning more time on the water.
Hope everyone is having a fun but safe summer so far.
thanks

T

yamatech43

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha injector oil

Ok, yes any of the major manufacturers oils are fine....second, the motor NEEDS to be run at max rpm and the prop sounds correct....It doesn't hurt these motors to run at max rpm(or at least within a couple hundred rpm of max). Don't have my book at home, but should be max of 5500-6000, I would guess, so just right.....most stress on motor is plowing through water just off plane at say 2200-2900 rpm....very stressful. Your questions seem well thought out to me, hope you enjoy your motor.