Crazy question, not sure on terminology.

MCNPathfinder

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone, I'm more or less wondering if this is possible. I have a 22 foot cabin cruiser. You know those wing/spoiler looking things you see on some boats that generally have the radar and antennas mounted to them on luxury cruisers? I almost want to call it a flybridge, but I think that's more or less like another place to pilot the boat. Basically I like the way it looks when I have the bimini top closed up. It give it a little more sportier look. So what I was thinking is when I have to restore this thing, probably next season, I would build one of these out of fiberglass and model it after larger boats made by my manufacturer. I just wanted opinions, do you think this is feasible? I guess I could mount a ski tower on there, but I'm not sure a 22' cuddy would look good with a ski tower.
Just looking for opinions/ideas, just dreaming...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Crazy question, not sure on terminology.

I suppose if you want to you certainly could.

You might want to post some side profile pix of your boat. And a few pix of the 'spoiler/wing' you're planning on building mocked up on a profile pix of your boat.....

Coho Ghost

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Crazy question, not sure on terminology.

MCNP,

I think what you are talking about is called a radar arch, but can have much more than radar mounted on it - like GPS antenna, lights, VHF antenna etc.

FWIW
Coho Ghost