Electric Trailer Jack?

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Time is rapidly approaching to replace my manual trailer jack. I recently replaced my manual winch with an electric model and mounted a tender battery behind the winch post, so I would have a ready power source for an electric jack. Who else has one or has any experiences of them to share?

BF

Lieutenant
Re: Electric Trailer Jack?

I have one on my travel trailer, but not on my boat trailer. One issue is that at least the one I have is solidly bolted onto the tongue, versus the manual one on my boat trailer that has a swivel allowing it to be turned 90 degrees to get it out of the way when cranked up. The electric one has a triangular flange that it bolts to the tongue with, and it looks like its standard mounting style for RV's... As for the electric, it works well and is very handy when hooking up with a weight distributing hitch. If you're talking about a trailer for a big cruiser or something, it might be the way to go. But if it's a standard sized rig, maybe a regular crank one that swivels would be better. I've never noticed an electric on a boat trailer before.