Back to square one

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well my Ninteen is out of the slip again and back in the yard. Small tear in front windshield spread like crazy and now needs to be replaced. Called Aristocraft today and ordered front set. I bet that will be a bear to do. And then my carb started leaking. Same carb I replaced last year with a fresh rebuild. It is on the way back to shop in Florida for repair/replace...at least under warranty. Oh well, didn't expect running an older boat would be easy and the windshield was in ruff shape anyway. At least with Aristocraft still making parts I am not forced to go redneck on it. :mad:

70Cougar

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Back to square one

Good luck & let me know how the windshield replacement goes. I'm hopefully getting a 1975 Nineteen soon, and if I do the windshield will eventually be replaced. It will depend on what else needs immediate attention, and how the bank account holds up.

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Back to square one

The windows were delivered and look great, will have to to trimming for width and hight but I will use the old ones as a template. Got the old ones out and they were caulked over the years. Took the center supports out first-of course had to drill out old screws on 2 places as heads were rusted and stripped easily. I will trim in morning if weather holds, will do curved sides first and then center slider. Have to drill out a rivet in top center trim in slider but that should not be too hard. I did not take the upper frame out but without center supports it moved upwards enough to get old out. Also found that dash top vinyl wrapped over wood piece has three wing nuts that hold it down...of course only one nut was left on mine but it will have all three on when I am done.
My carb is out for warranty covered rebuild and when that returns I can be back in business.