Old 9.5 Johnson Fuel Pump parts in UK?

ukharper

Cadet
Hi, does anyone know where to get parts in the UK for my old 9.5 Johnson outboard? I think the plate on the transom is an MOD afterfix- I will take this off to see if another/original number is underneath.. any other means of ID`ing the age?
I need a replacement fuel pump diaphram- or a repair pump kit- or a new pump? Pics enclosed;

10019388.jpg

10019387.jpg

Any advice welcome

mark1961

Ensign
Re: Old 9.5 Johnson Fuel Pump parts in UK?

Post up any model number you can find.....the 9.5's were made from about '63 to '71 and had the small square fuel pump fitted....that doesnt appear to be what you are dealing with though.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The picture is so dark I had to photoshop it to see what you have. It takes an 18-7820 kit here at iboats. Or OMC # 393103. I don't know if iboats ships to UK, you will have to ask. But it would seem a lot more reasonable to buy it there. Surely there is a Johnson/Evinrude dealer somewhere in your country???

BTW, that 380016 fuel pump was used in 1967. Probably a couple more years too.

Dealer locator: http://www.brp.com/en/owner-center/Find-A-Locator.htm

ukharper

Cadet

I see a number on the casing but it`s hard to read- think it says 304089. Will have a look at the locator, cheers.

ukharper

Cadet

Right, got the refurb kit shipped over but no instructions? Anything on here?

Rick.

Captain

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Rebuilding_fuelpump.htm
This is for the small 1 1/2 inch pump but it is the only online instruction I'm aware of. It may help. He also has a section on a newer pump he says was used from 1987 onward and the shape looks more like yours but I know they stopped making the 9.5 in 1973. There is another web site called maxrules that specializes in fuel pump repairs and they said somewhere they could email you repair instructions. Best of luck. Rick.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The 380016 is a simple piece of cake. Take it apart and note the location of the springs and support disks. Put it back together the same way.

However, it looks like it is a little late for that, since your picture shows it already taken apart---and without first removing it from the motor. Did whoever took it apart note the position of the parts? I'll see if I can find a picture if you haven't already.