Gas Tank Location - Bayliner Cuddy

afarrens

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Gosh, i think i have a few threads going on now...but here's a question for you guys...
Basic info -
84 Bayliner Cuddy 1600 - 16ft
84 Force 85 hp motor

I am wondering what the original location of the gas tank was? the space between the deck and floor is so small I don't think there is any way a tank was originally there. Rough measurements were around 22" wide and about 7" deep, but because of the V-Hull, it flares out pretty fast not that deep for long. I guess it could have a long skinny tank in there but i doubt it.
Currently I have a 6 gallon gas tank just sitting under the deck at the stern, however i am looking to maximize floor space and get creative with the tank. I was wondering a couple of things -
1) where was the original tank on this little boat? I looked but couldn't find anything
2) Under the passenger seat mounting? I am going to replace the passenger seat with newer "bayliner type" back to back seats that lay flat, I was already planning on rebuilding the seat box and design it to have more useful space..but now i'm thinking I could get a larger 12gallon tank under the seat. Is this a good idea? i do not want to be laying on a grenade? But i could easily route the port side vent into the seat box for good airflow.
3) Anyone do anything better! ?