older single line tank connector??

nwcove

Admiral
im doing a conversion on a 1958 johnson, and picked up a tank that looks good but has the two spring loaded "needles" at the connector. i tried a couple of motor end connectors (atwood and omc), but they both get pushed at an angle by those "needles". is there a special tank end connector for this? ( the tank has no vent in the cap, so i am assuming that those "needles" are the vent ??

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: older single line tank connector??

Can you post a pic of the tank?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Are you trying to use the old duel line tank, if so you are going to have to get a newer single line tank.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I believe you are talking about the connector where the hose attaches to the tank, right? The two pins or "needles" as you call them are the fuel valve and air vent, and yes the hose connector pushes them in. Any misalignment of the connector should be minimal, but I suppose a small tilt woud be expected. I never looked that closely.

nwcove

Admiral

i messed with the tank earlier tonight, and the aftermarket connector i first tried wasnt quite right, did try two old omc connectors, and they do seem to stay flush with the fitting. will post pics.