2010 Tahoe Speaker, Sub, & Amps Suggestions

Q7idrvr

Seaman
Got a 2010 Q7i. Can anyone give me a detailed suggestion they have upgraded their system to. I'm happen with the Jenson receiver. Looking for better clear quality sound with some punch...

Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2010 Tahoe Speaker, Sub, & Amps Suggestions

We upgraded with an MB Quart NAU460 amplifier and 4 Polk MM651 speakers. The Polks are low-impedance so you will get more power out of the amp. Love the system but we need to upgrade the sub to flesh it out.

Q7idrvr

Seaman

I apologize!! I just realized this was the wrong area to post this question.

So I decided on the following:

Infinity Kappa 100.9W 10" Dual Impedance Component Subwoofer

JL Audio M700/5 100W x 4 + 300W x 1 @ 2 Ohms Marine Amp.

Tsunami Lite Wave Capacitor 1.2-farad with Blue LCD Meter

MM651M ***Polk Ultra Marine Speaker 6.5" Coaxial Speaker

Any suggestions??? Good, bad??

Cruzomatic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just upgraded my sound system. I installed 4 Polk Audio DB651's on my tower and pushed them with an MQ Quart Nau460. I liked how they sounded so much, I decided to replace the 4 cockpit speakers with the same Polk Audio DB 651's and decided to push them with a second MB Quart NAU 460. It sounds great. I'll add a third amp and a sub in the off season. I like how my system sounds and would recommend both the Polk Audio speakers and MB Quart amps.

Use good battery cable wire and 16ga speaker wire.

Oh and do it youself if you have the time and patience. It'll save ya a lot of $$$ plus you'll know it's done right.

Q7idrvr

Seaman

I just upgraded my sound system. I installed 4 Polk Audio DB651's on my tower and pushed them with an MQ Quart Nau460. I liked how they sounded so much, I decided to replace the 4 cockpit speakers with the same Polk Audio DB 651's and decided to push them with a second MB Quart NAU 460. It sounds great. I'll add a third amp and a sub in the off season. I like how my system sounds and would recommend both the Polk Audio speakers and MB Quart amps.

Use good battery cable wire and 16ga speaker wire.

Oh and do it youself if you have the time and patience. It'll save ya a lot of $$$ plus you'll know it's done right.

Thanks for the reply!! Decided on a few changes to my other post. Found out my stock HU only has 2 preamp outputs, so gonna have to replace it so I'll have 6. Going to go with 4 DB651's and changing to the Polk MM1040D because it's a little more shallow and found a pretty good post that recommended a "ported" enclosure for the sub. The Kappa is a free-air sub and other forum said I would lose a lot of the sound due to the open air environment of a boat. However, the place I'm buying the sub said to use a "sealed" enclosure.

Anyone have suggestions on what's better for boat? Sealed or Ported. I'm not looking for that gut-shaking boom from the sub. My music preference is to get it as close as possible to real life concert sound.