OMC Out Drive stopped working.

Tlack

Recruit
After both Outdrives on my Cruise a Home were rebuilt this Winter one stopped working only after 10 minutes. It was like it was disconnected from the engine. At 1800rpm's it stopped and the engine began to rev fast. Are there fuses that could do that or? Thanks

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC Out Drive stopped working.

OMC made a lot of variations of outdrives over the years. Are we supposed to guess which ones you have?

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

Lol @ Boom. Only every third post is like this! Tlack, when posting anything on this forum, we will need year, make, model, etc. Pictures also help immensely and will increase your chance of a useful response ten fold. Take the time to make an all inclusive/overly inclusive post and you will get the info you need. There are some OMC masters on this board who can troubleshoot/fix absolutely anything.

southkogs

Staff member

... And while you're getting that information make sure somthin' didn't happen to the prop. Shaft spin / prop don't could give you high RPMs.

howlnmad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I can't see through the screen but with the lack of info, I would guess a coupler has gone bad. Maybe a drive gear, hard to say without knowing more.