Anyone running the Golights on their boats?

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is anyone running the Golights on the front of their boats with the running lights?

If so what is your review of them? how do you like them?

I have a few questions...

Can you operate the spot light and running lights seprate from each other?

Can you operate the running lights and spot light without the remote?

Is the remote waterproof or atleast water resistant?

Which are you running

Hid,Led or Just the regular bulb?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Anyone running the Golights on their boats?

To start out the only and I repeat only time you ever use that sort of a extra light at night other than running lights is while docking. You do not use them as head lights. You may flip them on and right back off when looking for buoys or floating stuff. Using them constantly will get you a ticket or the other boaters will turn on a 1 million cp stop light in your eyes as payback, so to answer your question Yes ever light should be on its own switch.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

To start out the only and I repeat only time you ever use that sort of a extra light at night other than running lights is while docking. You do not use them as head lights. You may flip them on and right back off when looking for buoys or floating stuff. Using them constantly will get you a ticket or the other boaters will turn on a 1 million cp stop light in your eyes as payback, so to answer your question Yes ever light should be on its own switch.

huh thats weird...I wonder if them same laws apply down here in Florida...because alot of people down here ride airboats atlight and use spotlight for headlights to see where they are going the whole time... and they dont get tickets or anything... they must be strick up where you live?? and yes I dont know why i asked if the spot light and running lights would be on different switch lol... the running lights come on with the switch from boat and the spot light comes on from the wired switch or the wireless remote

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I may be wrong on this but it my understanding thats all over. Just the red/green and white on the back at night. The extra lights will kill your night vision. And it it dosnt really help much other than spotting a bouy. I night fish several times a week and I have a set of HID lights as well as a 1.5 million CP aircraft landing light as spot light and 99 % of the time their never used, except in a bad fog.