350 Mag Blower convertion

1024Mick

Recruit
Hi, Has any one done this convertion with a stock motor, Just thinking of ways to up Hp & keeping same engine to keep cost down, I know that a bbc would be the way to go. Any suggestions would be of help.
Mick.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 350 Mag Blower convertion

Hi, Has any one done this convertion with a stock motor, Just thinking of ways to up Hp & keeping same engine to keep cost down, I know that a bbc would be the way to go. Any suggestions would be of help.
Mick.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Mick,... There ain't no cheap easy way to do what ya want, even here in the US....

A blower on a dead stock motor is never a good idea...
Ya gotta keep the boost low, so it don't really pay off, for the coins spent...

A stroker block, 'n Vortec heads are the cheapest, easiest horsepower for a 350 Chevy....

1024Mick

Recruit
Re: 350 Mag Blower convertion

Hi, Thanks for the info, will have to stay with the 350 & start to save for bbc. I must say that the amount of engines & stuff you can get in the US makes me won,t to move over, here in Ireland & UK theres not that much of a choice & in the used area theres zero, only the V6. This is the same for hulls, I was checking on a few US salvage boat yards websites, I,m just have to get over some time & fill up a 40ft container.
Anyway many thanks
Mick