How to remove hatch on Chris Craft Concept 21

quandary

Cadet
Hi, there. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to remove the hatch (round) from a 1995 Chris Craft Concept 21 Cuddy. It leaks, so I want to remove it so that I can seal it properly. I've removed the screws, but it still doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks!

Regards,

Jeff

delirious

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How to remove hatch on Chris Craft Concept 21

just a guess ( need pictures) but just because it leaks do not mean there is NO sealant holding the inside and outside frames together still. "princess auto" sells "panel removal" tools made of nylon, and you may have to carefully pry them of your boat. though they are made to NOT mark the surface that you are prying against i would still advize you to put something between the pry tool and the deck of the boat. but i am guessing without pics (6 years building boats @ cutter/grew canada)

quandary

Cadet
Re: How to remove hatch on Chris Craft Concept 21

Thank you, delirious, for the reply. I figured it out. The seal (caulking) had failed. A previous owner had tried to remove the hatch at some point and stripped a few screws. I had to drill one of them out. But, I managed to fix it without damaging the boat. I will be sure to post pictures the next time. Thanks, again!