Engine starting

DaveG55

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1994 Mercury 5.0 Chevy engine, carbed, thunderbolt ignition. Sorry, I don't have the serial number (the boat's at the lake house).

A quick background; Boat sat for 18 months or so w/ 1/2 tank of gas. I cannot remember if I treated the fuel before it sat. Recently pulled boat home and set about cleaning, repairs & maintaince before relaunching.
Before starting any repairs I put it on muffs and started the boat. It cranked for about 30 seconds w/o starting. I moved throttle to WOT and tried again and it fired up after 5-10 seconds. From there I could turn it off and it would restart right away, 1 second or less. It did this several times no problem.
Knowing that it starts and runs I proceeded to; change the oil, change the plugs (0.35 gap), add gas drier and 2 cans of seafoam (to treat 40 gal) and topped off the tank (43 gal total I think). I did not restart the engine after repairs due to not wanting to chance damaging the new impeller.
So, at the lake this Sunday the boat was a bit hard to start cold as in I had to crank it 2 times for about 30 seconds at WOT to get it to fire. Then, for the rest of the day, I either had to crank it for 30'ish seconds before it would barely catch or put it in WOT and it would still take 5'ish seconds to fire. This is unusual because this boat has always started almost immeadiatly after the first start of the day. We used a little over 1/2 tank of fuel on the lake.
My question is should I worry about the slow starting yet or will the fuel additives (drier & seafoam) cause a slower start? Or is there something else I should be checking for?