Help with broken mount

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi folks. I'm hoping that someone might be able to possibly help me out with this question.<br /><br />Here is the scenario. I have a two broken mounts where the rail goes around the front of the boat (the poles seat down on the mounts). I tried unscrewing them (phillips head screws), however, they will not come out no matter what I try.<br /><br />I even tried to actually use a pry bar with a block of wood (to not damage the finish) and still will not come out.<br /><br />The problem is that the poles from the top have smaller poles that seat down into these mounts and I'd like to fix them since they are very much broken.<br /><br />Any help, advice, suggestions that you could provide would be great.<br /><br />Thank you very much for your time.<br /><br />Tim

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help with broken mount

Are there Nuts on the backside ?????

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Soak with PB Blaster for a couple of days - then use a hand impact driver. Be prepared for the heads to snap off - them you have to drill them out. Common problem.

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bondo,<br /> I have no idea if there are nuts on the other side, although, I don't believe so. However, I'm still kind of new to this so I'm not sure.<br /><br />SoLittle,<br /> Can I get that PB Blaster from anywhere? I'm not that concerned with the heads popping off. I'm assuming that I could just re-drill and use bigger/better screws this time around?<br /><br />By the way, thank you for your help!

Bondo

Staff member

I Think,<br />Even Bilgeliners have a Nut on the back.........<br /><br />Every Boat I've ever Junked Out did......<br /><br />Getting a Finger on it, is Sometimes, Fun......... :D

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Bondo:<br />I Think,<br />Even Bilgeliners have a Nut on the back.........<br /><br />Every Boat I've ever Junked Out did......<br /><br />Getting a Finger on it, is Sometimes, Fun......... :D
Yep there was a nut on the back of them --- thank you very much for the advice. I got the old mounts off and will put the new mounts on soon.