Subrella top is seems to be peeling how can I fix?

frankiet15

Recruit
I have a Green sunbrella camper canavas, and I haven't been the greatest and cleaning it. It seems to have small flakes of the sunbrella coming off. I have also noticed that the green coloring is getting on my clothes also. I'm going to clean them I have the stuff I need but is there anything to keep it from flaking more? Do you think the top started flaking because it got to dirty, and dried out? Thanks for you help...

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Subrella top is seems to be peeling how can I fix?

Sunbrella fabric is not coated, and the fibers are solution-dyed. So if it is flaking and the color is transferring out of it, I have my doubts that the material is really Sunbrella.

frankiet15

Recruit

Sunbrella fabric is not coated, and the fibers are solution-dyed. So if it is flaking and the color is transferring out of it, I have my doubts that the material is really Sunbrella.

I believe it's subrella what other type do they make the out of? It's grey on the bottom, and green on top. Where the green has flaked off you can see the threads. ...

Thalasso

Commander

I believe it's subrella what other type do they make the out of? It's grey on the bottom, and green on top. Where the green has flaked off you can see the threads. ...

I can guarantee you it isn't Sunbrella. Maybe Topgun