Tilt &rpm gauge not working

Risingson05

Recruit
I recently had mech put a used motor i purchased after he had. Checked it over..
He ended up changing out the harness for the new motor , my trim gauge us not working , I looked at the gauges under the dash and notices constant , ground and looping wires going to the rpm gauge .. I hooked up the white wire and black wire from the new harness and color matched from old harnes and does not work, all it does is click when I turned on the ignition , I'm wondering is their a line I have to wire from the throttle trim to gauge , I'm kinda pissed about it actually as I gave him 1800+for his work and I feel he should of fixed this on the the whole deal, since I feel it's part of changing out a motor..
My motor is a 93 evinrude 150 wtletg
It replace an 83 evinrude 140 which I bought with the boat as I'm a noobie boat owner..
And help is appreciated thanks ..

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tilt &rpm gauge not working

there is a wire that goes from the trim sender on the t&t unit to the gauge, try find that wire and trace it if possible. For the RPM gauge there is a gray wire from the recifier that goes to the gauge.

if these wires are connected to the gauges then test the sender adn rectifier to see if they are working properly.