Starcraft 150 hp mercruiser

jmart08

Cadet
Hello all, I am new to the site and a new owner of a not so new Starcraft boat with 150 hp straight 6 mercruiser. As far as the model, the title says 1970 starcraft imperial, although i do not believe that is correct it looks more like a 1967 suncruiser. I dont think the put the 150 hp in anything but the 67 models. First question is, how do I get the starter off of the motor? I do not have a manual yet, are any available for free online? It looks like I will need to completely re wire the whole boat, any info or diagrams would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get some pics posted ASAP, thanks in advance for any help given.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

jmart08

Cadet
Re: Starcraft 150 hp mercruiser

Don, thanks for the quick reply. I tried the link you sent but it only opens a few pages, essentially just the index if the manual. Maybe I am doing something wrong there. I don't know too much about the drives, what problems may I encounter with the ez series? Thanks again.

The 150 was used from 64 to 67. Problem you could have later is the drive. It is not a MC-1 drive. You have the older EZ series drive.
Here is a link to download the manual that covers the engine and the drive. http://www.4shared.com/office/zIkYIr7d/01__Eng__Drives_63-73.html?

Might even want to look at this http://www.4shared.com/office/QPgYoLGq/Mercruiser_Alpha_ID_and_Histor.html?

Don S

You just clicked on the "View document" link, which is nothing but a preview. You don't "View" the document you download the file to your computer. Click on the blue download button.

jmart08

Cadet

Thanks again, guess I didn't realize that. I know that I am a new boat owner and have some learning to do but I thought I knew how to use a computer. I am going to go try it again now. The out drive has a serial number of 2021111 on it. Is that the ez series?

You just clicked on the "View document" link, which is nothing but a preview. You don't "View" the document you download the file to your computer. Click on the blue download button.

Don S

Way to old to look up by serial number. On the 150 engine, the ONLY drive that was used was the 1C EZ.