2009 Chaparral Sunesta Loses Electrical Power

Lysdexia

Recruit
If this is the wrong forum, my apologies in advance. I believe I have an electrical problem that started today on my boat. As I was driving, my tach, trim, and speedometer needles all moved to the right of the gauge. I shut the motor down, shut the master power down, and performed a system restart. When I cranked the key, I got nothing. No clicking, no power to the gauges, etc. I reset all of the circuit breakers, checked my emergency shut off, etc, but nothing.

As VesselAssist towed us back 40 minutes later, I tried turning the motor over and it started. I let VesselAssist tow us back to the marina, started the boat and docked it to go and get the trailer. The boat died again, and would not restart.

I have full power to everything else. I can lift the trim on the outdrive, my blowers all work, the stereo plays, and my electric motor lift still works, but I can't start the motor.

It seems as though something is getting wet and shorting out, but I don't know what could cause that specific of a power problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve