live well and storage lids

bcssfit

Recruit
Completely restoring a 1988 Javelin. Where could we find new lids for the live wells and storage compartments? Thanks!

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: live well and storage lids

Completely restoring a 1988 Javelin. Where could we find new lids for the live wells and storage compartments? Thanks!

If you are looking for lids that were made by Javelin for that boat...then your chances of finding them are slim unless you can find a doner boat of the same model. They don't sell or make parts for older boats.

If you are lucky and they are Tempress or some other after market brand that was used by Javelin, then you may be able buy everything you need.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

What were the old lids made of?

Newer lids could be plastic (molded with braces), wood covered with fiberglass/carpet/vinyl, or aluminum. I have a great local metal shop in my area that will make just about anything from metal to my specifications.

My point is if you can not find anything that fits and matches........your will be forced to go locally and make your own.

gtschueler

Recruit

Welcome to iboats.

What were the old lids made of?

Newer lids could be plastic (molded with braces), wood covered with fiberglass/carpet/vinyl, or aluminum. I have a great local metal shop in my area that will make just about anything from metal to my specifications.

My point is if you can not find anything that fits and matches........your will be forced to go locally and make your own.

DPI Marine manufactures the plastic type of deck lids and access doors. You could take a look at their website and see if something they offer works for you.

DPI Marine, Inc.