MerControl reassembly question

1150 Merc 74

Cadet
Hello, my first post here. I can't find where I read on here re the position of the warm-up lever when reassembling the controller. This is a 74 w/ 1150. If somebody knows the position of the warm up lever I'd be most grateful. Thx

1150 Merc 74

Cadet
Re: MerControl reassembly question

Here is a link to the Mercontrol manual. Yours should be the first one.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/F-1X9Jq-/_online.html

Gerry

Thank you for the fast reply. It appears that link goes to a 'preview' of the manual. Unfortunaly the clickable links stopped working @ 2A, right were the info is that I need. Thanks again for your help.

I know I read about this very issue re the position of the warm up lever when re assembling the control box. I've tried it in all positions with no luck. It seems the cam won't quite fit into its slot. The guys who were talking about this issue, that I read, knew what they were talking about and I DIDN'T SAVE THE LINK :( :facepalm:

Hopefully someone knows what I'm rambling on about. ;) If you have any other hints on reassembling a 74 MerControl. I have the diagram, I just need a tad more info so I can get out and slay some salmon. :)

carholme

Rear Admiral

Well, I just checked the link and if you click on the file it works fine. I just downloaded it to make sure. But I am sure you can wait for """those who know what they are talking about""".

Gerry

1150 Merc 74

Cadet

Well, I just checked the link and if you click on the file it works fine. I just downloaded it to make sure. But I am sure you can wait for """those who know what they are talking about""".

Gerry

Gerry, I'm sorry if you felt dis'd. I surly didn't mean to say anything even remotely like "waiting for those who know what they are talking about". Regarding the link, yes it opens, I said that. However all I could get it to do was open a 'preview' and those links inside the "preview" stopped working on 2A. If you can tell me how to open that part I'll shower you with praise. ;)

1150 Merc 74

Cadet

P.S. I just went back and think I see where you may have misunderstood what I was saying, happens all the time on message boards. What I meant when I said "those guys knew what they were talking about" is that they were having a discussion regarding the very issue I'm dealing with. It had nothing to do with weather or not your qualified, I'm sure you are.