Paid for 2012 got 2011

SnaggedAgain

Recruit
What would you do? I know what I want to do But...........

Just looking over my new boat and see 5/2011 on an etec dbl checked purchase agreement yep 2012

I am so mad ,its a good thing their closed today.

-if he offers cash how much?
-if he offers to change it out, well I have 70 miles each way plus my time.

this is the second time this place has made an "Honest Mistake" as they told me last time.

And yes I will let everyone know the dealers name after this is resolved.

Thanks for any help

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: Paid for 2012 got 2011

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Press-Releases/Details?pressReleaseId=2012-04-11

Sturtevant, Wis., April 11, 2012

BRP will eliminate traditional model year designations for Evinrude outboard engines.

Beginning in April 2012, model year designations will no longer be used. Instead, the date of manufacture will be referenced on the serial number label, located on each Evinrude outboard engine. Benefits to model year elimination include:

--Quicker Product Updates—Consumers will not have to wait for a model year transition to receive the latest product developments from Evinrude

--Simplicity—Instead of tracking two model years, one for the boat and one for the engine, Evinrude outboard owners will only have to reference the model year of their boat package

--Improved Inventory Management—Authorized Evinrude dealers and OEM partners will be able to manage their inventory more effectively and ensure the most recent Evinrude outboard models are available to their customers

"BRP remains committed to the award-winning Evinrude E-TEC technology, and the model year elimination is consistent with current standards in the marine industry," said Steve Laham, vice-president of Sales, Marketing and After-Sales, Evinrude.

"By eliminating model year, consumers will be provided with product upgrades earlier without having to wait for the start of a new model year. Overall, this change will be positive for our customers, dealers and OEM partners worldwide."

The model year elimination will not affect the warranty of any Evinrude outboard engine, nor will it affect the resale or trade-in value of an outboard engine or boat package. In states that require a manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) for titling purposes, Evinrude will supply the appropriate MSO information to its dealer network.

Consumer questions about model year elimination can be directed to Evinrude's customer service center at 1-866-EVINRUDE or by contacting an authorized Evinrude dealer.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This is what I would do. Stop making duplicate posts on the same subject. One is enough.

nwcove

Admiral

This is what I would do. Stop making duplicate posts on the same subject. One is enough.

......and if you arent asking for help making it run right.....post in the non-repair forum, or dock side chat. jmo

boobie

Supreme Mariner

From what I hear Yamaha and Mercury are doing the same thing. Coming from the old school, to me it's a bunch of BS.

fireman_bob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If the dealer won't make you right, contact the attorney generals office and/or department of consumer protection of your state. They love to help with issues like this. Here in CT they are very helpful when it comes to this kind of thing and I've used them on a few occasions to "convince" a vendor to make things right.