Stereo Wireing

jaymo1994

Cadet
I have a 1978 Caranelle that had a stereo in it when i bought it , But it is not hooked up and i was going to hook it up and see if it worked, and if it dont i will purchase another one and install it i just want to make sure that i hook it up the right way. Any information would be greatlly apperciated.:confused:

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Stereo Wireing

Generally, 12V+ is supplied through the red and yellow wires, 12V- is the black wire, and the speaker wires are pairs of the same color with one having a white stripe. What are the colors of the wires you have?

delirious

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Stereo Wireing

standard current deck wiring is as follows black=ground, red=switched accessory positive, yellow= constant positive, grey+grey/black= right front, white+white/black=left front, green+green/black=left rear, violet+violet/black=right rear (the black striped wires being the negative speaker leads) blue=power antenna, blue/white=amp remote turn on, some will have pink or brown for muting, and some will have orange or orange/white for illumination dimming. if your deck wiring have differnt colors than I stated then its either really old or some sort of off-brand. sometimes the wire colors are on a sticker on the top of the deck, I am a custom car audio installer by trade, so pick my brain at will...slim pickinz at times LOL