1976 Glastron v156 w/ 1975 evinrude 70hp

mgonyer

Cadet
ok so the story goes.... I found this boat on Kijiji for $800 or best offer... I drove down from Edmonton to middle of no where to find a bunch of Indians selling this boat that was in the middle of the field... gave them $700 for it ..figuring if I get the motor running I can at least get my money back.. got home about 11:30pm leaving for the lake (fishing trip already planned) the next day a 4 hour drive at 4:00 right from work. Now I don't have to rent a boat (maybe lol).. will see if it runs and floats..
I splash it the next day (nearly dropping it on the motor) roller didn't work to well on the trailer... broke the key off in the cylinder... WOW...
Next day it was still floating with a little water in the bilge pump area..not bad ..I got the motor running but carbs were not right was bogging down would only do about 10mph starving for fuel I guessed...
Anyways it worked for fishing and we had a great time and a few laughs..

since then, I gutted the interior... rebuilt the carb, replaced all the seals in the lower end,,, found the exhaust gasket leaking replaced the gaskets there ... getting ready to lift it off the boat to fix the kneel (beach by PO ) already fixed most of the spider cracks on the topside... removed all the trim and hardware..... the plan is to add another coat of glass to the floor ... (which both the transom and floor look fine... and im only going to keep it for a few years before i upgrade), through in two seats and redo the interier and roll and tip the hull...$(KGrHqNHJF!E-n+mqjhRBPtYVlWTSg~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqN,!mEE-mhQ7P+YBPtYWwJp9Q~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqR,!p4E9eCjsuy+BPtY(YOWuw~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqVHJEoE-luv7YrsBPtYWKI4Gw~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqZ,!lgE9rDw)9P6BPtYYcOtpg~~48_20.JPG

mgonyer

Cadet
Re: 1976 Glastron v156 w/ 1975 evinrude 70hp

so it goes...I stripped it and started shading... raised the nose to let it drain and it drained for 2 days... so I cut out the floor... found stringers rotten and water logged... so off to the land fill... parting out the motor, controls and trailer... will get a bigger better boat next year ...O well