Why the center justification?

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This forum is odd the way it has the text center justified. Just makes it weird to read. I'll type this to show what I mean.

Edit to add, it looks like maybe only the Merc section is that way.

toneeees

Administrator
Re: Why the center justification?

I was making some edits, not sure what would be causing this. Are you still encountering this problem?

Tony

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was making some edits, not sure what would be causing this. Are you still encountering this problem?

Tony
Hi Tony,

Yes. Go take a look at any post in the Mercury Outboard section. Everything is center justifed over there. It least it is for me. I do not know if this is browser specific.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Interesting, I looked at the Merc forum and all looks normal. I use Google Chrome as a browser, and even looked using IE8 and it looked normal. Checked about 10 different threads in that forum.

I do notice it still has the 4th of July iboats banner ad, and the only forum that still has it. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

bassman284

Commander

I was getting the center justified effect when I was still using IE7. It only affected a few forums.

Dave, check the Johnson/Evinrude and Yamaha and see if you get the same thing.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I'm using IE9 and all looks OK until I turn on Compatibility View. Then the text of the Merc threads is center justified.

toneeees

Administrator

Compatibility view takes you back to basically IE7, I wouldn't recommend it when viewing the forums. I've looked around and don't see the advertising banner or anything that would center it. I'll keep looking around.

Don S

I just tried compatibility view with IE8 and did get the center justification on the Merc forum, some were ok, and some were messed up in other ways. :facepalm:

I just can't believe how screwed up Internet Explorer is, and not just on this site. I guess the good thing about it, is that it's slow.:rolleyes:

bassman284

Commander

I just tried compatibility view with IE8 and did get the center justification on the Merc forum, some were ok, and some were messed up in other ways. :facepalm:

I just can't believe how screwed up Internet Explorer is, and not just on this site. I guess the good thing about it, is that it's slow.:rolleyes:

Tell me about it. I've been using Chrome for a few months and because of this thread I fired up IE8 to verify the compatibility view effect. Couldn't decide whether to take a nap or go make a sandwich. Glacial.

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was getting the center justified effect when I was still using IE7. It only affected a few forums.

Dave, check the Johnson/Evinrude and Yamaha and see if you get the same thing.
Yep, the Johnson forum is also centered for me and I guess you guys nailed the real issue. I'm using IE7 on this machine.

Don S

Have a read of the sticky at the top of this forum about browsers. Here it is.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=530573

Your best bet is Google Chrome, Firefox, anything but IE7 for a browser. Or you can continue to beat your head against the wall with IE7. Either will do nothing more than give you a headache. :p