Wanting to go look at first I/O boat - is there a checklist for a newb? Volvo Penta

WA-Newb

Petty Officer 1st Class
First off I am very new to boats and only in the past month have been learning about Evinrude outboards and trying to learn as much as I can about boats in general (been working on 3 Evinrudes this past month along with my beater boat).

But now I have a friend who wants me to go look at a 1996 boat with him as soon as possible that has the following power train:
4cylinder volva penta fresh water cooled with volvo outdrive I/O

I was hoping someone could give me a link to a check list or even tell me the main things to look for (or better yet look out for) on this setup.

Like..if "X" leaks or doesn't move run away....if "Y" has milk in it run away...If compression is "X" run away...etc.

I can look over the general boat now semi comfortably...does the steering move, is the hull and transom solid...etc.
But not a single clue what to look for when it comes to I/O setups.

The current owner states it hasn't been out in a few years, it needs a battery and tuneup but would be a great boat for someone who wants to clean it up...that's all the info I have really.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.